Humane Society of the U.S. (HSUS) in New York State has the following priority issues for the 2013 legislative session in Albany:
- Transfer animal cruelty from Department of Agricultue and Markets law to criminal law for more effective enforcement.
- Stop the killing of sharks for their fins.
- Lessen the bad conditions at puppy mills.
- Stop the breeding and transport of feral pigs.
- Require that confinement pens for animals used for food allow the animal to stand up, lie down, turn around and stretch her/his limbs.
To learn more and find out what you can do to help, contact Brian Shapiro, N.Y.S. Director of the HSUS at email@example.com or (845)707-5350.
AND CONSIDER GOING TO ALBANY FOR LOBBY DAY FOR THE ANIMALS, WEDS. APRIL 17. SOME PEOPLE WILL BE LEAVING FROM THE SYRACUSE AREA AS WELL AS MANY OTHER PARTS OF N.Y.S.
Events and Activist Suggestions:
UPCOMING PAR EVENT:
SUN. JUNE 9 IN THE AFTERNOON, PAR MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS ARE INVITED TO WALK A NAUTRAL AREA OWENED BY A PAR MEMBER AND THEN SHARE A VEGAN POTLUCK IN HER RUSTIC HOME.
SHARING THE EARTH
SAT. MAY 4, SAT. MAY 11, SAT. MAY 18, 2013
"JUDAISM AND VEGETARIANISM"
Richard Schwartz combines humor and passion to tell how the tenents of Judaism are consistent with plant-based eating.
"Sharing the Earth" is on from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. every Saturday on Time-Warner public access cable TV Channel 98 (which covers Onondaga County exept that Baldwinsville seldom carries the program). We air animal rights, animal welfare and environmental protection programs.